The Spaceports Council, which operates under the aegis of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation (CSF), is composed of spaceports worldwide who seek to cooperate on issues of common interest such as airspace access, legal and regulatory frameworks, infrastructure, international policy migration, liability and voluntary common operating standards.
Spaceport America in New Mexico holds the current chairmanship on the CSF Spaceports Council. Member spaceports and spaceport delegates of the Spaceports Council include:
- Spaceport America, which currently holds the Spaceports Council chairmanship
- Aeroports de Catalunya, represented by Executive Director Jordi Candela
- Cecil Field Spaceport, represented by Administrator of Planning and Development Todd Lindner
- Mojave Air and Space Port, represented by General Manager Stuart Witt
- Oklahoma Spaceport, represented by Executive Director Bill Khourie
- Space Florida, represented by President Frank DiBello
- Spaceport Indiana, represented by President Brian Tanner
- Spaceport Scotland, represented by Chairman Howie Firth
- Spaceport Sweden, represented by Director Karin Nilsdotter
- Wisconsin Aerospace Authority, represented by Chairman Tom Crabb
The Spaceports Council convenes regular meetings of spaceport representatives. It coordinates additional cooperation between spaceports on the staff level in order to address common problems affecting spaceports and works towards voluntary uniform standards for development of common-use equipment and operational procedures. It also advises vehicle operators, developers and other members of the CSF on issues of concern to the spaceport community.